For information on 2016 Sharesave Maturity click here
- Sharesave is a simple plan usually launched once a year, in August, that gives you the chance to save and, at a later date, the option to buy Diageo shares at a discounted price.
- From the August 2017 invitation you can save any amount of whole pounds between £5 and £350 per month. The total of your monthly savings across all your Sharesave plans must not be more than £350. (Please note that the maximum savings amount has increased from £250 to £350 for the August 2017 invitation).
- Your savings are deducted from your salary (after tax and NI have been deducted) and paid into an account with the Sharesave Provider.
- When the savings period is finished you then have the option to close your account and use the proceeds to buy Diageo shares.
- If you decide to buy the shares you pay the option price which is set when you first started saving. The option price is the Diageo share price at the time of the grant, discounted by 20 per cent. The number of shares you can buy depends on how much you save, the option price and how long you save for. When you join Sharesave you will receive an option certificate telling you how many shares you will be able to buy if you save to the end of the savings period.
- You don’t have to use your savings to buy the shares – you can take some or all of your savings and any bonus in cash if you wish.
- You can suspend your payments for up to 6 months (but you will lose your option to buy shares if you stop for more than 6 months).
- You can stop saving at any time and close your account but, you will lose the option to buy shares.
- If you resign from the Company you will not be able to buy the shares.
- If you leave the company due to certain good leaver reasons, you may still be able to buy some shares.
Sharesave leaver and cancellation processes
- The Sharesave Plan Managers can only be notified of leavers via Diageo plc.
- The Sharesave Plan Managers will issue a leaver pack to your home address. This will include the relevant form(s) for completion.
- For further information please refer to the relevant leaver form under the leaver information tab.
- To cancel a sharesave plan, you must complete a Cancel Sharesave form and forward it to your payroll department to stop future deductions from salary. In addition, you must also contact the relevant Share Plan Manager for a refund. Full details are on the Cancel Sharesave form.
Additional information on Diageo plc (the issuer), including the current share price can be found on the Company’s website www.diageo.com.
The reasons for the offer under the Plan are set out on this website.
The maximum number of ordinary shares in the capital of Diageo plc that is subject to the grants of options under the Plan on 09 October 2008 is 5,000,000 and the minimum number is nil, if no employees choose to take up this offer under the Plan. The ordinary shares acquired by employees on the exercise of an option will be existing shares.
Participants in the Plan will only be entitled to dividends on the shares or be entitled to vote in respect of the shares once they exercise their options and become the legal owner of the shares. Precise details of the rights attaching to the shares, which are ordinary shares, are set out in the Diageo plc Articles of Association. If you would like a copy of the Articles of Association, please contact the Company Secretary's Department who will provide you with a copy. Similarly, if you do not have a copy of the rules of the Plan and would like one, please contact the Company Secretary's Department.
The following additional information is being provided in order for the 2008 offer under the Diageo Sharesave Plan (the “Plan”) to fall within Article 4.1(e) of the Prospectus Directive (2003/71/EC), which is the employee share schemes exemption from producing a prospectus.